Suggestions for Monthly Meeting Topics

Dallas Fort Worth Real Estate Investing Forums Investor Club Suggestions for Monthly Meeting Topics

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Tim Herriage 1 year, 12 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Torre Kean
    Keymaster

Do you have a topic you would like to cover or discuss in our next DFW Investors monthly meeting? Post it here!

bennyfranklin
    Participant

I can get a bank loan, my credit is fine. My problem is the loan is for 75-80%. And I don’t have any money for the difference. How can I get some money?

Tim Herriage
    Keymaster

Benny, Thank you for visiting our website. This section is reserved for meeting ideas for our investor monthly meetings. I’ll submit your question to the topics list and try to answer it at the same time.

“How to get money?” This may seem like simple question but the answer is a lot more complex. Do you mean, how to get financed money or investment capital to start investing? If its financing you seek then I know plenty of lenders both institutional or private that will lend on distressed properties. However if its starting capital that you seek then I recommend that you evaluate your spending habits and begin a savings programs because these days having money in the bank is absolutely necessary, after all, there is a reason why its called real estate investing. The no-money down days are long gone, these days banks/lenders want to see borrowers have some “skin in the game” meaning that borrower has to have some personal money tied up in the deal. Alternative strategies for “getting money” are wholesaling or flipping, both of which require time, experience and start up capital either for marketing or for acquiring and holding costs.. Which brings me back to savings, a healthy savings account is imperative to have during the days when cash is king.
    Hope this helps you.

Thank you
    Dennis
    Investable Realty

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.